Camera Link HS -
The Machine Vision Protocol Moving Forward
Camera Link HS is designed to specifically meet the needs of vision and imaging applications. Its low latency, low jitter, real-time signals between a camera and a frame grabber carry image data and configuration data. The interface takes the key strengths of Camera Link and adds new features and functions to meet customer's demands today and tomorrow. The standard provides:
- Scalable Bandwidths from 300 to 16,000 MB/s
- Extremely Reliable Data Delivery
- Copper or Fiber Optic Cables from 15 to 300+ meters in length
- Multi-Vendor Compliant Components Available
- IP Cores Available for Quick, Low-Cost Development
Camera Link HS is designed from a system point of view, ensuring that CMOS sensor technology can be fully exploited, while providing low cost cameras and frame grabbers that meet the ease of use, flexibility and data reliability demanded by customers.
More Features and Benefits of Camera Link HS:
Cable Options with Camera Link HS:
- Eight (8) cables maximum
- 300 MB/s F1 fiber optic with 300+ meter distance (SFP connector)
- 1200 MB/s F2 fiber optic with 300+ meter distance (SFP+ connector)
- 2100 MB/s C2 copper cable with 15 meter distance (CX4 connector)
Fiber optic cabling is low cost, light weight and small in size and long distance capable. It is high bandwidth, extreme flex-life rated and immune to electrical noise.
Camera Link HS Pages:
GigE Vision®, Camera Link®, Camera Link HS® and USB3 Vision™ are trademarks owned by the AIA and may not be used without the authorization of the AIA. All other trademarks are the marks of their respective owners.