- » View All
Microscan Completes the Acquisition of Siemens’ Machine Vision Business
OMRON Automation - Americas Posted 10/17/2008
RENTON, Wash., October 16, 2008 ? Microscan today announced the successful completion of the acquisition of Siemens’ Machine Vision business. The acquisition has added over 60 technology patents and 10 product lines to Microscan’s portfolio of precision data acquisition and control solutions. The deal closure date was September 19, 2008.
Microscan now provides the most extensive product suite available for ID tracking and traceability, ranging from basic barcode up to complex inspection and measurement. Microscan solutions benefit a global customer base primarily through data tracking, traceability, and inspection solutions to enable manufacturing efficiency and quality controls. The combined product line integration is well underway and Microscan will be exhibiting at the Vision show November 4-6 in Stuttgart, Germany in Booth 6D76.
Former Siemens Machine Vision products now transitioned to Microscan include:Visionscape® software and machine vision systems for precision inspection and measurement
- HawkEye® 1600T fully integrated one piece smart camera solution for vision inspection applications
- HawkEye® 40 and 50 handled imagers for portable reading barcodes and direct part mark 2D codes
- HawkEye® 1500 imagers for fixed position reading and verifying direct part mark 2D codes
- I-PAK® inspection system for pharmaceutical, food processing, and packaging industries
- NERLITE® precision lighting portfolio to enable image processing of any surface
- UID Compliant Data Matrix Verifiers
- Industry specific solutions such as a 96 well plate Data Matrix reader
- Scalable components of vision processor and PC frame grabber boards
Beyond the intellectual property and product line acquisitions, Microscan and Siemens have further agreed to future cooperation related to strategic co-development to bring new automatic identification data capture products to market.
Microscan is a global leader in manufacturing and technology focused on precision data acquisition and control solutions serving a wide range of automation and OEM applications. Microscan solutions benefit a global customer base primarily through data tracking and traceability solutions which enable manufacturing efficiencies and quality controls. As an ISO 9001:2000 certified company achieving recognition for Quality Leadership, Microscan is known and trusted by customers worldwide as a provider of quality, high precision automatic identification technology. Microscan is a Spectris company. For more information: www.microscan.com.