New Product News
- » View All
IO Industries Launches New High-Performance Digital Video Recorder
IO Industries Inc. Posted 08/12/2016
London, ON – IO Industries Inc. announces a new series of high-performance video recording systems for demanding multi-camera imaging applications. The DVR Express® Core 2 MAX is an uncompressed solid-state video recorder with integrated synchronization, timing and video monitoring features. Core 2 MAX makes quick work of ingesting up to four channels of high-speed digital video, storing it immediately to reliable and high-capacity solid state storage, with an easy-to-use software interface that combines operational controls, system status and real-time video display.
Three models are available depending on the type of cameras or video sources that will be recorded. Choose from the Camera Link or CoaXPress models to record from industrial, scientific or infrared cameras, or choose the 3G/HD/SD-SDI model to record broadcast-standard high-definition and ultra-high-definition sources. All models feature uncompressed recording directly to removable solid state media, with rates of up to 2240MB/s and storage capacities of up to 22.5TB. Together, this high-speed and high-capacity recording solution allows for long-duration recordings of uncompressed high-fidelity video – ideal for space launch and test range imaging, time-resolved PIV for fluid dynamics, high frame rate 4K/UHD video production, and motion capture for biomechanics research.
Multiple Core 2 MAX recorders can be operated from a single PC via USB 3.0 connectivity. Control software is provided for Windows and Ubuntu platforms and an API is available for advanced programming.
In addition to its recording capabilities, the Core 2 MAX integrates other features commonly required in advanced test scenarios. For precision time stamping of each recorded frame, an IRIG time code receiver is included supporting IRIG A/B formats with AM and DCLS signal support. An optional high-precision GNSS receiver can be installed to provide accurate time and position data synchronized with GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and other GNSS constellations. Four 3G/HD-SDI outputs provide low-latency video monitoring signals for each connected camera, allowing distributed display of live and recorded video.
Features of the DVR Express® Core 2 MAX include:
- Three models available; record from either Camera Link, CoaXPress or 3G/HD/SD-SDI camera sources
- Four video inputs per DVR allows recording multi-link cameras or up to four separate cameras
- Uncompressed recording to solid state storage at up to 2240 MB/s
- High-capacity storage (up to 22.5TB) for long-duration high-speed recordings
- Integrated IRIG time code receiver for high-precision timestamps
- Optional integrated GPS receiver for precise geo-referencing of video frames
- Four 3G/HD-SDI outputs for low-latency video monitoring
- Rugged removable drive cartridges for sensitive data transfer in confidential applications
- 2U Half-Rack form factor: 8.5x3.4x16.1” (WxHxL), approx. 14lbs (depending on installed media)
About IO Industries
IO Industries Inc. designs cutting-edge digital video equipment including small form factor cameras and uncompressed digital video recorders. Since 1991 we have focused on providing our customers with high performance and high quality solutions for all types of digital video applications. Our products are proudly designed and built in Canada at our headquarters in London, Ontario.
Brittany Fitchett, Marketing Coordinator