New Product News
- » View All
Mitutoyo Releases Ultra-high Accuracy CNC Coordinate Measuring Machine
Mitutoyo America Corporation Posted 06/25/2015
Newest CMM realizes world-leading measurement accuracy of 0.28 μm.
AURORA, IL -- Mitutoyo America Corporation announces the release of the latest LEGEX ultra-high accuracy CNC coordinate measuring machine (CMM). The ultra-accurate LEGEX 4 surpasses conventional CMM performance to deliver world-leading accuracy in length measurement of E0,MPE = (0.28+L/1000) μm.
With the unceasing advancement of scientific and industrial technologies and driving demand for significant improvements in high-accuracy manufacturing, Mitutoyo LEGEX meets the needs of a growing number of manufacturers with applications such as ultra-precise molds, components and aspherical lenses in the automotive, aviation and medical instrument industries, and calibration of master gages for research institutes. To meet these increasing needs, Mitutoyo took a fresh approach when it came to accuracy, starting from the elemental technology level and working upward, with the aim of eliminating all possible sources of measurement error.
- Sources of static and dynamic error minimized to realize world-leading measurement accuracy of 0.28 μm
- Fixed-bridge structure with moving table
- Base is made from spheroidal graphite (ductile) cast iron in a sealed-structure design to provide high rigidity and vibration-attenuating characteristics
- High-rigidity structure and feed mechanisms increase accuracy and improve cycle times
- Thermally symmetric structure features full covers around the main body to reduce possible impact in ambient temperature changes
- Vibration-dampening unit is standard
- An air server stabilizes the air temperature to 20°C±0.1°C
Mitutoyo Corporation is the world's largest provider of measurement and inspection solutions offering the most complete selection of machines, sensors, systems and services with a line encompassing CMMs (Coordinate Measuring Machines), vision, form and finish measuring machines as well as precision tools and instruments, and metrology data management software.
Mitutoyo's nationwide network of Metrology Centers and support operations provides application, calibration, service, repair and educational programs to ensure that our 6,500+ metrology products will deliver measurement solutions for our customers throughout their lifetime.
Gillian Campbell - Content & Editorial Marketing Specialist
Tel: (630) 978-6483