The Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR lens has a unique optical design specially engineered for measuring near-eye displays (NEDs), such as those integrated into virtual (VR), mixed (MR), and augmented reality (AR) headsets. The lens design simulates the size, position, and field of view of the human eye. Unlike alternative lens options, where the aperture is located inside the lens, the aperture of the AR/VR lens is located on the front of the lens, enabling positioning of the imaging system’s entrance pupil within NED headsets at the same location as the human eye.
Evaluates the Full Display Field of View Experienced by Human Users
Specially-designed for display quality measurement in NED headsets, the Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR lens includes aperture characteristics that simulate the approximate size, position, and field of view of the human eye. With the aperture at the front of the lens, the connected imaging system can capture the full field of view (FOV) of the display (up to 120° horizontal, covering approximate human binocular FOV) without obstruction by the lens hardware. The aperture size of 3.6 mm also matches the size of a human entrance pupil, allowing displays to be measured under the same conditions as they are viewed by a human observer. This ensures that all aspects of the display visible to the user are comprehensively measured to ensure the intended experience.
AR/VR Lens Key Features and Highlights:
- Accurate, reliable measurement of display luminance and chromaticity
- Aperture positioned at front of lens to simulate human eye entrance pupil, capturing full field of view (FOV) of projections through headset viewing lenses
- Aperture size (3.6 mm) simulates human eye pupil size
- FOV of lens (120° horizontal) covers approximate FOV of binocular human vision
- Designed to be positioned in the eye relief location
- Easily paired with ProMetric imaging colorimeters or photometers
- Designed for R&D and quality assurance