Camera Link extender over fiber-optic cable
Model Number: RCX C-Link
RCX C-Link is a unique remote camera extender module that adapts Camera Link data over fiber-optic cable. The module supports base-, medium-, or full-mode cameras 100+ kilometers from the host computer, with the distance dependent upon the transceiver option selected.
Developed first by EDT, the compact module – similar in size to a Camera Link cable connector – attaches directly to the MDR 26-pin connector on the back of the camera, replacing Camera Link cables. An LC duplex fiber-optic cable then attaches to the back of the module.
The module supports data rates of up to 240 MB/s (base mode) or 750 MB/s (full mode) and provides electrical isolation of the camera from the host computer.
Module pairs can be used to create a long-range fiber-optic connection to an EDT or third-party Camera Link frame grabber. Alternatively, an EDT direct-from-fiber (FOX) frame grabber can be used, eliminating the need for modules at the computer end.
Line and frame triggering are supported over camera control lines.
- Extends Camera Link data over fiber-optic cable
- Allows remote operation (up to 10 km)
- Attaches to the camera’s MDR26 connector, replacing Camera Link cables
- Provides electrical isolation of camera from host
- Supports data rates up to 240 MB/s (base mode) or up to 750 MB/s (full mode)
- Can join with a second module to form a fiber-optic extension cord
- Can connect directly to an EDT FOX board
- Supports line and frame triggering over camera control lines
RCX C-Link Coax2 is ideal for any long-range fiber-optic application.
The complete line of EDT Camera Link products includes frame grabbers, extenders, simulators, and systems.