Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on 11/25/2020
Ensuring the highest level of quality is what Radiant is all about. Whether it be with our own systems and products or providing our customers with the level of quality control they demand. As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Radiant, you will ensure that proper testing and validation processes are in place for optimal performance, reliability and efficiency of our digital imaging systems.
In this role, you will be involved with the implementation of corporate wide quality systems and processes, focusing on product quality. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to implement quality initiatives, sustain those initiatives, and support a culture of continuous improvement. Your skills in quality management, problem solving, critical thinking, organization and communication will be used on a regular basis to ensure all products shipped to customers meet quality standards.
Radiant Vision Systems provides automated visual inspection products to ensure the manufacturing quality of displays, lighting, assemblies, and surfaces. Radiant’s photometric and colorimetric imagers are calibrated to human visual perception of light and color, offering the most sophisticated inspection technology for meeting customer expectations for performance in high-value devices. Leading brands in electronics, virtual & augmented reality, automotive, aerospace, and beyond rely on Radiant to ensure accuracy, automate quality control, reduce costs, and improve efficiency from the lab to the production line. Based in Redmond, WA, USA, Radiant Vision Systems has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of components. The company's extensive product portfolio includes TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software, ProMetric® Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers, machine vision solutions, and goniometric systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of production quality standards and documentation.
- Testing initial products against design specifications and customer usage model.
- Maintain quality manual and obtain/maintain necessary certifications (ISO-9001, RoHS, etc.).
- Validate and test design changes.
- Final design verification.
- Initial vendor qualification of critical components.
- Project team leader for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Customer complaint / field failure tracking and resolution including corrective actions and failure analysis reports.
- Monitor product quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement for relevance and adherence to the Quality System, customer and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee ISO-17025 methods for calibration lab.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering, Physical Science, or Mathematics discipline with 4+ years quality engineering experience.
- High energy level and unquenchable desire to learn our business from the ground up (manufacturing floor to customer).
- A critical thinker with demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and make logical decisions, working with a diversified team.
- Able to work with minimal supervision; demonstrate initiative and self-direction.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance system development and implementation such as ANSI/ISO/ASQ 9001, ISO/TS 16949; AS9100.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 10% of the time.
- Experience with scientific measurement instrumentation.
- Experience with clean room manufacturing.
- Experience with electromechanical products.
- Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Control Plans.
- Experience managing Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) systems.
- Experience with formal New Product Development processes.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION