Posted on 08/13/2020
This position is located in our Nashua, NH facility with minimal travel to other sites, less then 10%.
A dynamic culture, a team environment, exceptional people, best-in-class technology—all have contributed to the amazing success and vibrant growth at Crane Currency.
We are looking for a highly technical team player to join the Advanced Process Technology Group in our Nashua, NH facility. You could play a pivotal role in all aspects of the design, installation and support for projects within manufacturing relating to vision systems and other related disciplines. These systems include real-time and sampling inspection systems and related closed-loop control systems.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership is Currency at Crane
We invite to apply for our Vision Engineer position; become a key team player with this exciting, fast-growing organization known for innovative currency and banknote technology.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead the spec, design, estimating, integrations, installation, commissioning, cost control and documentation phases
- Key resource for vision systems
- Provide technical support to generate robust & tested code for customization of applications
- Direct support personnel in all project phases, including interfacing during appropriate phases ensuring effective integration with existing processes and/or other improvements and installations
- Document and track project management effectively
- Develop procedures and define PM programs for new equipment and support ISO certification
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Ability to design and implement validation and calibration methodologies
- PLC programming experience; Allen Bradley experience a plus
- HMI programming experience utilizing commercial HMI software with experience developing custom display elements and functionality from within that environment. Experience with iX Developer a plus
- Experience writing complex VB.NET and/or C# applications a plus
- Additional experience in robotics, automation systems, drives, sensors, servo controls, etc. a plus
- Competent skills with PLC, networking, device communications, integration, and design
- Strong coordination and project management skills to handle complex projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Math Skills
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of machine vision design experience; or, Master’s degree in a related discipline along with 1-2 years relevant experience
- 5+ years in the design of manufacturing and/or automation systems
- Experience with applied machine vision technologies including lighting, optics, electronics, and imaging algorithms
Other Requirement: Applicants must be United States citizens. The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION