Posted on 06/23/2020
As a key contributor to the Product Development Team, we are looking for someone that is challenged by finding creative testing solutions in a niche industry. The ideal candidate is naturally inquisitive, enjoys solving complex or ambiguous problems, and has the desire to learn the many intricacies of light and color measurement. We are hiring a Test Engineer to work in our product development organization in a hands-on environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- System and subsystem testing, including specification verification with photometric and/or spectroscopic data acquisition.
- Software and hardware integration testing, product release testing and system requirements verification.
- Research and Development oriented investigations, including proof of concept testing and meticulous technical report creation for colorimeter/photometer related and lens related projects.
- Executing test plans from inception to deliverables; developing testing strategies, defining deliverables, and schedule adherence.
- Responsibilities could also include ad hoc projects of a complex nature.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physics, Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in related field.
- Experience in electronics lab; ideally in an optics lab.
- Troubleshooting/isolation testing skills with experience using test equipment.
- Strong debugging and technical problem-solving skills with a desire to solve difficult and ambiguous problems.
- Rudimentary electronics experience, e.g. soldering, wire-harnessing, etc.
- Familiarity with tooling and fixturing hardware to help facilitate experimental setup.
- Data gathering, basic statistical analysis and presentation skills.
- Programming experience, particularly in C#.NET and/or VB.NET.
- Experience using and interfacing with light measurement equipment.
- Experience with writing and following standard work procedures.
- Experience with image processing and analysis is advantageous.
- Strong technical writing skills of lab reports.
- Ability to interpret requests to define experiments independently.
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION