Director of Business Development
Posted on 05/22/2020
Toronto, Ontario Canada
This new role reports directly to VP Sales and Marketing and is responsible for Business Development and Channel Management for Ienso’s line of products. Established in 2003, Ienso has been providing imaging and wireless solutions that help global brands take their products to the next level in the age of embedded systems and AI platforms. Over the last decade and a half, Ienso has perfected the engineering ecosystems that exist between initial design and high-volume manufacturing and is now ready to launch its product strategy that will allow the company to reach more customers and take them to the next phase of growth. The Director of Business Development will lead the charge with customers and partners alike.
The role will blend marketing, sales, and business development expertise to be the business leader as well as the customer voice within Ienso. Ienso’s work with distinguished brands such as Bosch, Bushnell, Bombardier, and Siemens, has set the standard for a world-class product platform. This individual will need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, be a self-starter with experience in early-stage company environments, allowing them to step outside their defined role and take on any activity that moves the goalposts and delivers results.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Management to plan, develop, communicate and execute business and sales strategies, to meet quotas.
- Identify and close new customers in industries that require embedded vision and wireless solutions
- Generate new opportunities through a close working relationship with technology experts and thought leaders.
- Have a clear understanding of solution selling and how to guide customers from one possible solution to the other.
- Build relationships with technology partners, clients, and channels.
- Assist in product management with product decisions, pricing, and coordinating customer/channel interactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Ienso’s industry, vision products, solution and service knowledge, and be proficient at providing complex system solutions.
- Partner with Marketing to understand the different target markets.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of successful business development and sales management experience.
- Experience selling complex solutions/systems (hardware, software, and engineering services) into B2B and OEM environments.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a proven ability to perform under pressure with minimum supervision.
- A business leader who excels in a highly-collaborative environment and can understand how to manage multiple stakeholder levels.
- Ability to travel internationally without restrictions for up to 30%.
- Proven experience establishing and managing channel partners.
- Previous experience working within a startup environment.
- Experience in Industrial or Consumer vision, AI and computer vision would be an asset.
- Fluently bilingual in English and Mandarin considered a strong asset.
What can I expect when I submit my application?
Although we would love to speak to every candidate, we regretfully inform you that only those selected will be contacted within 5 business days.
Products are becoming smarter. Digital camera designs and Embedded vision systems are becoming integral to more and more products. Security devices, computers, cars, appliances, GPS devices, cellular telephones, and drones, to name a few, all use camera technologies. Ienso is launching a product strategy to service their host of customers in markets such as IoT, Automotive, Home Automation, Drones, Surveillance, Medical and Industrial/Machine Vision while maintaining their custom engineering expertise to support custom camera designs that don’t fit standard market categories.
Ienso is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact our recruitment team at careers (at) ienso (dot) com.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION