Software Test Engineer
Posted on 03/06/2020
As part of the Application Development Engineering team, you will create and implement testing methods, record the test results, and provide recommendations to improve software programs based on the results. You’ll collaborate with organizational management to streamline operations, utilize programming languages to create testing scripts and document software testing procedures.
Are you a strong software tester looking to join an innovative, growing company? Consider coming to work for Radiant Vision Systems and work with and be coached by some of the best software engineers in the industry.
We are looking for someone that is challenged by finding creative testing solutions in a niche industry. As part of the Application Development Engineering team, you will create and implement testing methods, record the test results, and provide recommendations to improve software programs based on the results. You’ll collaborate with organizational management to streamline operations, utilize programming languages to create testing scripts and document software testing procedures.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills using C#/C++ with experience using Visual Basic (VB) on the .NET platform in the Visual Studio environment. They will know practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, have experience with optical engineering software and have experience with various scientific modeling software and software controls of scientific hardware.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop software and procedures for test of image processing algorithms, software libraries and camera-based applications.
- Experience in the full lifecycle for software projects including specification, development, progress tracking, testing, and release.
- Develop software and implement software automation tools to automate test, at the unit, module and system level.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information with our own systems.
- Coding/tooling and automation of processing.
- Programming in .NET environment.
- Document, test, deploy, and maintain tools and processes.
- Review the latest programming methods and technologies and work with the development team to implement those that are appropriate.
- Provide a technical reference, training and internal support of the product support team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Background in Mathematics and/or Physics a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in computer programming for scientific applications.
- Experience in software programming, the practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, various scientific modeling software, as well as software control of scientific hardware.
- Object oriented programming - Proficient in C#/C++. Familiar with VB.NET a plus.
- Strong programming and scripting experience.
- Experience with testing of software development.
- Experience in developing test instructions and procedures.
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques.
- Experience using optical test and scientific measurement instrumentation/equipment.
- Familiar with unit testing, test automation and verifying algorithms.
- Image processing experience is preferred.
- Strong mathematical problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION