Optical Software Engineer
Posted on 10/22/2019
As an Optical Software Engineer, you will travel globally, visit factories and places rarely seen, and share your knowledge with our prestigious base of customers. You will gather their requirements, feedback, and requests while implementing solutions with the help of the entire Engineering and Sales team.
You will assist with the creation and proposal of plans, specifications, and software applications with a focus on system integration and image processing utilizing our light and color measurement systems. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, specification, creation, and documentation of software solutions utilizing our light and color measurement products with a focus on image processing developed primarily in .NET with VB and C#.
- Integration of complex systems for production inspection in factory environments.
- Write and implement communication protocols using standard communication conduits including RS-232 and TCP/IP.
- Educate customers and international distributors on proper use of CCD-based hardware and software systems for light and color measurement.
- Install, tailor, and train on our solutions at the customer’s facilities.
- Intermediate level technical support for both customers and Radiant Vision Systems internal associates.
- MATLAB proficiency is a bonus!
Minimum Education & Experience
- S. or higher in Physics or a related technical discipline (i.e. Math, Engineering, Computer Science).
- This position requires experience in software programming, the practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, various scientific modeling software, elementary electrical engineering principles, as well as software control of scientific hardware.
- Experience in computer programming for specific applications.
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques.
- Image processing experience.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills.
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35% of the time.
- Ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team oriented environment.
About Radiant Vision Systems
World leaders in lighting and displays rely on Radiant Vision Systems for test and measurement solutions that ensure quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Based in Redmond, WA, Radiant Vision Systems, LLC, has proven production experience with thousands of cameras testing millions of lights and displays. We approach each application with a wider range of solution options, a global base of experience, and a depth of understanding that enable us to keep raising the benchmarks for practical performance.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION