Machine Vision Application Engineer
Posted on 07/08/2019
Redmond, WA & Novi, Michigan
At Radiant we inspire our employees to learn and grow and be part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions that make our customers’ products better. To do this, we continually hire extraordinary people whose energy, passion and commitment shine through. Our employees are our assets and we understand that without them we would not be who we are today.
If you are an Application Engineer with Machine Vision experience, looking to join a creative emerging technology company, we are looking for you. You will be experienced in demonstrating, supporting, and installing devices in an industrial environment. Also, be curious about Radiant's technology, be looking for a position where you will be challenged, and will learn new technologies and grow.
In this position, you have the unique opportunity to work across both the sales and engineering organization, and be directly engaged with our customers, helping develop, and install solutions that make their products better.
You will help specify and create solutions with a focus on user interfaces, system integration and image processing utilizing our surface inspection measurement systems. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics, automotive and aerospace components, pharmaceuticals, and a wide variety of other important products.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Solution creation and implementation using Radiant’s Vision product portfolio
- Create proposals and present internally and externally
- Proof of concept experimental design and execution
- Support and install systems on site at customer plants
- Ability to travel relatively extensively both domestically and internationally
- Clear and crisp communication to multiple levels within the organization
- Review customer, competition, internal designs, and determine capability to meet specs
- Testing & validation of design
- Failure investigations
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Effective collaboration skills
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven record of accomplishment with excellent references
- Dedication to accomplishing project and corporate goals
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Physics related discipline, or a combination of education and work experience
- At least five years of relevant work experience, ideally in a technical field support role, with machine vision experience, or related fields, strongly preferred
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION