Lab Test Engineer
Posted on 07/08/2019
Redmond, WA & Novi, Michigan
At Radiant we inspire our employees to learn and grow and be part of a winning team, committed to putting our customers first. We are passionate about developing innovative solutions that make our customers’ products better. To do this, we continually hire extraordinary people whose energy, passion and commitment shine through. Our employees are our assets and we understand that without them we would not be who we are today.
Are you curious to solve problems and drive continuous improvement? We are hiring a skilled lab test engineer to collaborate with our hardware and software developers to provide innovative solutions to complex lighting and optical challenges.
Satisfaction assured: projects span a wide range of unique and stimulating areas within the field of machine vision and sensing applications with direct application and impact.
Ideally, you will have experience with numerous optical and illumination systems and have a good background in understanding the role of lighting and fixturing in respect to machine vision demands. The most important thing is you love solving problems, are practical and consider yourself a lab junkie.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing, building, and testing models for lighting and fixturing to resolve optical phenomena
- Developing, maintaining, and running a world class machine vision test lab
- Plan and successfully execute proof of concept tests in the lab and in the field
- Investigating optical, electrical, and mechanical components to determine their fitness for use in our development environment
- Clear and crisp communication to multiple levels within the organization
- Train others in the installation and use of vision equipment and systems
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Data gathering and presentation skills
- Top notch experiment reporting skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with core Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with 3D printing design, and manufacturing
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 35%-50% of the time
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical program involving hardware, optics, and illumination, or a combination of education and work experience
- At least five years of relevant work experience, ideally in machine vision and/or related fields
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION