Posted on 06/11/2019
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems for OEMs. These systems include deeply embedded computer systems, liquid crystal display (LCD) based products, industrial and factory floor computers, industrial I/O & power control and board level component subsystems. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. We become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Engineering function is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for designing, modeling, and detailing fabrication drawings of mechanical parts, assemblies, and electronic enclosures.
This position provides an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a growing business and to build a customer focused manufacturing environment that supports the company’s strategic growth.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in a multi-discipline Engineering Team designing sheet metal, injection molded, cast, and machined parts.
- Design of mechanical components, assemblies, and enclosures per internal and external customer requirements.
- Create SolidWorks part and assembly models with detail fabrication drawings.
- Assemble prototype and validation systems.
- Develop and execute system validation plans including form/fit/function, thermal, acoustic, shock, and vibration.
- Participate in customer escalations and root cause analysis of field systems.
- Assist manufacturing with product assembly fixtures and instructions.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with a customer service perspective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with more than three years of experience in electronics packaging. Valid Driver’s License required. Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of the team.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION