Posted on 06/11/2019
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
EmbedTek is a Waukesha, Wisconsin based firm that designs and manufactures embedded systems for OEMs. These systems include embedded computers, integrated display (LCD) products, embedded electronics and I/O & power control devices. EmbedTek provides creative solutions that help our customers to be market leaders in their specific field. Ultimately, we become an extension of our customer’s R&D department and develop a thorough understanding of short and long term needs. This allows our customers to produce products which will take the lead and stay ahead of competition.
The Receiving Specialist function is critical to the Company’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for executing the daily activities of receiving, receiving inspection and occasional support of shipping and material handling.
This position provides an opportunity to participate in the early stages of a growing business and to build a customer focused manufacturing environment in support of the company’s strategic growth.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the essential functions of the Receiving duties as outlined in the quality system
- Unload trucks, inspect, count, de-package/bundle, receive, identify and put away materials and supplies
- Perform receiving inspection of inbound material as defined in the quality system
- Actively work with Sourcing to resolve supplier delivery and product issues
- Evaluate nonconforming material and complete proper disposition
- Document material damage and any discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Process receipts for RMA systems
- Provide individual and team support to other department members and internal customers as needed, including cross training in Materials and Shipping and providing back-up coverage for those areas
- Provide support to materials for cycle counts and cart pulls
- Operate powered and non-powered material handling equipment
- Assist in the establishment of material control policies and procedures in compliance with ISO quality standards
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition
- Initiate and support problem-solving and other continuous improvement activities
- Represent the Company professionally, honestly and ethically in all respects
Minimum Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with a customer service perspective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attentiveness to detail
- Current certified forklift operator or ability to become certified within first 90 days of employment
- Strong customer service orientation and focus
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment and multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written/verbal instructions and adhere to standard work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team; utilize time management and self-prioritization skills
- Strong reasoning skills with the ability to interact directly with a variety of internal customers at all levels within the organization
- Some experience processing receiving and inventory transaction in an ERP system and shipments using USPS, FedEx, UPS including international requirements and courier services is preferred
Minimum Education & Experience
Associates degree (preferred) and 2-4 years’ material handling/shipping/receiving experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in cellular manufacturing is preferred. Previous forklift certification and/or ability to become certified forklift operator.
Will have good skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Should be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks at one time. The candidate must have very good organizational skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as a member of a team.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION