Product Marketing Manager
Posted on 05/07/2019
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for a product line in our high growth 3D Products Business Unit. Since Cognex a technology leader in cutting edge AI based 3D Machine Vision, our products require Product Managers who have the technology background to drive product innovation, and the communication skills to launch the products in a clear and compelling way to the global, industrial factory automation and logistics markets. Based in Natick, MA, this person will report to the Senior Manager of Product Marketing, 3D Products. The successful candidate will join a high-performance team that develops and sells products globally.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the assigned 3D product line, including product specifications, launches, pricing, margin analysis, and roadmap.
- Be the lead for product launches internally, determining the product requirements, messaging and launch plan.
- Support sales in strategic accounts globally.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, and provide competitive technical and market analysis for Sales and the Business Unit.
- Provide sales and training material for the direct and partner sales forces, and work with Marketing Communication to create lead generation and customer facing product collateral.
- Work with the Marketing and Engineering management to help shape the full 3D product roadmap
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong presentation skills and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing and able to travel 25% domestically and internationally.
Minimum Education & Experience
Minimum education and work experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics; MBA helpful.
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing or supporting a high tech product line
- Experience in factory automation or machine vision technology is desired
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION