Product Marketing Specialist
Posted on 05/07/2019
Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting our product lines in our high growth Vision Software Business Unit. Since Cognex is a technology leader in cutting edge AI based Machine Vision, our products require Product Specialists who have the technology background to drive product innovation, and the communication skills to support product launches in a clear and compelling way to the global, industrial factory automation markets. Based in Natick, MA, this person will report to the Manager of Product Marketing, Vision Software. The successful candidate will join a high-performance team that develops and sells products globally.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Be the hands-on technical lead for product launches internally, assist in determining the product requirements, messaging and launch plan.
- Support sales in strategic accounts globally.
- Directly work with customers, sales and local application engineers to field test products in real use-case runtime environments.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and provide competitive technical and market analysis for Sales and the Business Unit.
- Provide sales and training material for the direct and partner sales forces, and work with Marketing Communication to create lead generation and customer facing product collateral.
- Work with the Manager of Product Marketing, Business Unit Manager and Engineering management to help determine the product roadmap
- Work with sales to identify technical and commercial market requirements to help prioritize product development and strategic initiatives.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Strong presentation skills and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Willing and able to travel 25% domestically and internationally
Minimum Education & Experience
Minimum education and work experience required:
- MUST have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (electrical engineering or computer science strongly preferred
- 2 years’ experience managing or supporting a high tech product line
- Experience in industrial automation or machine vision is desired
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION