Staff Software Development Engineer
Posted on 04/25/2019
As a key contributor in the Software Development Engineering role in support of the Advanced Engineering organization, you will work directly with our customers to gather requirements, feedback, and requests while implementing solutions with the help of the entire Engineering and Sales team.
You will create and propose plans, specifications, and software applications with a focus on system integration and image processing utilizing our light and color measurement systems. The creative solutions the team implements will be pushed out to factories around the world and directly impact the next generation of consumer electronics.
As a seasoned programmer you will ideally have worked directly with hardware and consider yourself a jack of all trades and enjoy contributing in a hands-on environment. You will also have experience in lighting and optics design for machine vision applications.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, specification, creation, and documentation of software solutions utilizing our light and color measurement products with a focus on image processing developed primarily in .NET with VB and C#.
- Integration of complex systems for production inspection in factory environments.
- Writing and implementing communication protocols using standard communication conduits including RS-232 and TCP/IP.
- Educating customers and international distributors on proper use of CCD-based hardware and software systems for light and color measurement
- Installation, tailoring, and training of our solutions at the customer’s facilities
- Expert level technical support for both customers and Radiant Vision Systems internal associates
- In this role you will be expected to travel globally, visit factories and places rarely seen, and share your knowledge with our prestigious base of customers.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques ideal
- Image processing experience
- International & domestic travel generally up to approximately 30-50% time
- Experience with scientific measurement instrumentation
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team-oriented environment
- Matlab proficiency is a bonus.
Minimum Education & Experience
- This position requires experience in software programming, the practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement, various scientific modeling software, elementary electrical engineering principles, as well as software control of scientific hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in computer programming for scientific applications
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION