• Font Size:
  • A
  • A
  • A


Other Questions

Question Asked:

Is there any system that can scan (or see) an irregular depression (a sand casting for example) and be able to calculate the volume of material required to fill it? Thank you.

1 Answers

  • = Company Profile
  • = Answered Questions

Andrew Long - CEO
Cyth Systems, Inc.
andy [dot] long [at] cyth.com
888 508 7355

Mark, You can use laser triangulation 3D vision systems to measure volume. These are basically a line of laser and a camera moving across an irregular surface will give a number of profiles across the surface. If you want to know more send me an email address and I'll be able to send you some images of what I'm talking about which may help you. Best of luck.

Search AIA:

Browse by Products:

Browse by Company Type: