Mechanical and Electrical Designer
Posted on 04/29/2016
Salisbury, North Carolina
Mechanical engineers use their knowledge of energy, materials, and mechanics to design new tools and products. Beyond that common thread, a mechanical engineer’s responsibilities can change from day to day and from job to job. Integro’s mechanical engineers work includes electrical design and layout, product assembly, and countless other duties – your workload will vary accordingly.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Design quality, engineered solutions that meet customer’s needs, meet or beat budget constraints, and allow for efficient manufacture.
- Maintain awareness and control of project cost, quality, scope, and schedule to ensure on time delivery of the project within budget.
- Make Department Manager and Project Manager aware of all current or potential problems. Report to management all findings on jobs that would affect costs, schedules, employees or customers.
- Project review, project scope, budget, design schedule and design plan on a regular basis.
- Document design reviews and meetings held with the customer. Participate in design reviews as required and requested by Project Manager.
- Represent Integro at meetings with customers as needed.
- Assist in assuring that customer commitments are met.
- Where required, conduct research and development activities concerned with integration and testing of electronic and mechanical components, products and systems and in development of applications for commercial and industrial use.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks, DraftSight, Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields or Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, Drafting, or related field.
- Two years related engineering or technician experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION